Acting for Elderly Clients in Scotland - Important Issues & Recent Case Law
There are many areas in which it is necessary for a private client practitioner to have a good working knowledge when acting for elderly clients, particularly elderly clients with a medium to high net worth.
This new virtual classroom seminar will look at these areas in detail, including case studies, case law and legislation.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Will drafting:
- Trusts for grandchildren and other young and/or vulnerable beneficiaries:
- 18-25 trusts
- Discretionary trusts
- Trust for a disabled person
- Care home planning and trusts:
- Immediate post death interest trusts
- Appropriate drafting and powers of the trustees to terminate
- Lifetime tax planning:
- Later life and death bed planning for inheritance tax and capital gains tax
- Deeds of Variation
- Use of trusts:
- Life policies
- Discounted gift trusts
- Spouse bypass trusts for pension death benefits
- Powers of Attorney:
- Inclusion of certain powers
- Pension flexibility, nominations, and trusts
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.