‘Lending Green’ - ESG & Sustainable Finance in the Housing Sector
Green, social, and sustainable finance has exploded in popularity over the past few years, becoming a major source of funding to housing providers.
But what do we mean by ESG and sustainable finance and why should you care about it?
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is ESG?
- Why funders are so keen to ‘lend green’
- How housing providers have embraced green, social and sustainable financing
- The types of ESG finance products available:
- Green loans
- Green private placements
- Green/social/sustainable bonds
- Sustainable bond frameworks and 2nd party opinions
- Sustainability linked loans
- Data and the importance of setting your KPIs at the correct level - not focusing on the E and neglecting the S & the G
- Concerns re greenwashing
- Reporting standards including the Sustainability Reporting Standard for UK Social Housing
- Move towards a mandatory reporting environment - Task Force on climate-related financial disclosures
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 8th March 2023 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation