Land Development Agreements - An Introduction for Professional Advisors
This introductory level live broadcast session will consider the forms of agreement clients can enter with third parties to realise the increase in value that will derive from securing planning permission for development.
It will review the characteristics of land that will improve its development potential and mechanisms to secure future development potential following a sale.
Delegates should please note that tax issues will not be addressed in the session.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The physical characteristics of land for development - e.g. road access, connectivity to services etc.
- The planning aspects including SHLAA, Neighbourhood Plans and 5-year supply
- The forms of agreements that might be used including unconditional sale agreement - with or without overage; sale conditional upon planning; option agreement; promotion agreement and joint venture agreement
- When to use which form of agreement
- Pros and cons of each form of agreement for landowners and developers
- Key issues to be negotiated in connection with each form of agreement
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.