Land Acquisition & Development - A Beginners Guide
Property development work is probably the most varied, interesting and challenging work you can deal with as a property lawyer. But it is not just title checking and process - you need to develop a commercial awareness of a wide range of issues.
This virtual classroom seminar assumes you have a good knowledge of conveyancing and will build on this to help you get started dealing with development work.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Title & Related Issues:
- Communication between you and other members of the developer's team
- Boundaries, plans and gaps - the Land Registry red line may not be the legal boundary
- Restrictive & positive covenants, easements and other key points
- Access, highways, ransom strips and vision splays
- Drainage and services, road and sewer agreements
- Surface Water Drainage (SuDS)
- Importance of site visits where possible
- Planning & Related Issues:
- Planning conditions, planning agreements
- Common land
- Environmental issues
- Telecoms and infrastructure problems
- Outline of Common Transaction Structures
- Options, conditional contracts, land promotion agreements & overage
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.