Global Trends in Private Equity & Venture Capital Uncovered
Currently there are around 5,000 private equity firms active globally with more than $4.5 trillion of assets under management. Over $1.3 trillion of private equity funds raised are waiting to be invested following a record $733 billion raised in 2021 alone. Private equity investment deals were a record $804 billion in 2021 and in Europe VC investments alone were €103 billion - another record!
Whilst private equity and venture capital firms and their investors have weathered the pandemic exceptionally well, after almost ceasing activity in the second quarter of 2020 as the first lockdown struck, and 2021 was a record year in many respects, 2022 saw a slowdown in activity in both funds raised, investments made and exits, particularly IPOs.
This webinar discusses the reasons for the slowdown in 2022 and provides an up-to-date view of the latest data on private equity and venture capital fundraising and investing and also the current trends and issues in the sector.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Global fundraising data on private equity and venture capital
- Global investment data on private equity and venture capital
- European breakdown of activity in private equity and venture capital
- The UK outlook for private equity and venture capital
- The Chinese phenomenon
- Latest available data on the performance of private equity and venture capital funds
- Current trends and issues in private equity and venture capital, including the increase in public to private deals, availability of debt finance, increasing sector focus, meltdown in tech stocks, geopolitical uncertainty, the National Security and Investment Act 2021 and the increased emphasis on ESG and diversity and impact by private equity firms
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 11th May 2023 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation