A to Z of Planning Law - Live with David Forbes
This live broadcast session, split over 2 days, aims to give lawyers and surveyors in private practice, commerce and local Government in-depth knowledge of planning law and practice.
It will cover all the legal aspects of planning, from assessing whether the property concerned has any planning use, to obtaining planning permission, dealing with local authorities, negotiating the best solution for the most beneficial use of the land to dealing with enforcement issues.
This session will consider the possible impact of the proposed reforms in the Government’s White Paper published in August. Particular attention will be given to the proposed reform of S 106 and CIL; affordable housing; protection of heritage assets: and Permission in Principle.
All proposed changes to Permitted Development rights as a result of COVID-19 will be dealt with.
In addition, the proposals for upward extensions, insistance on proper lighting standards together with New Homes and Building with Beauty will be considered.
Practical examples will be given, and cases explored to aid in the learning process, and provide for full participation by delegates.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Beyond the conveyancing title - Is it development?
- Permitted Development
- Use Classes Order
- Certificates of Lawfulness
- Preparing a planning application
- The Development Plan and Neighbourhood Plans
- How do I interpret this planning permission?
- S 106 and CIL
- Planning Obligations
- Building Regulations - how do these link with planning?
- Environmental Matters
- How to challenge a Planning Refusal/Approval
- Appeals and Judicial Review
- Enforcement matters
- Listed buildings
- Conservation areas
- Latest case law and Government Regulations
- Case studies on development matters
- Certificates of lawfulness
- Enforcement studies on negligence and how to avoid it
- An update on the Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.