Social Care & Young People - A Practical Guide with Sian Davies
This virtual classroom seminar will address local authority powers and duties in relation to young persons i.e. those age 16 and 17 and the other side of transition into adulthood.
It will include the key statutory provisions and how these apply to young people.
Case studies and resources will be included and there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Powers and duties to pathway plan, appoint personal advisers
- Accommodation arrangements for care leavers (including housing assistance under the Housing Act 1996, shared lives and saying put arrangements)
- Duties to those under and over 18 who are persons from abroad: how should status be resolved, by whom and when, and what is the impact in terms of support
- Powers and duties to meet needs under leaving care provisions of the Children Act 1989
- Transition between children’s services and adult social care including care and support assessments under the Care Act 2014
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.