Planning Law & Practice for Residential Conveyancers - The Key Issues Explored
From Airbnb to rogue landlords, this live broadcast session will help residential conveyancers advise clients about the possible planning pitfalls and benefits of owning a dwelling house.
It will also explore the possible changes which may impact on your clients over the next 6 -12 months.
All proposed changes to Permitted Development rights as a result of COVID-19 will be dealt with.
In addition, the proposals for upward extensions, insistance on proper lighting standards together with New Homes and Building with Beauty will be considered.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What limitations on development of a residence might be contained in the Local Plan?
- What should you look out for in your local searches and enquiries?
- Permitted Development Rights to extend and develop the dwelling
- Article 4 Directions and Planning Conditions limiting development
- Planning Conditions and what they really say
- The meaning of ‘dwelling house use’ and Airbnb
- Community Infrastructure traps for the unwary
- Planning enforcement and the use of Proceeds of Crime Act orders against rogue landlords
- Listed building traps
- Limits on conservation areas use
- Negligence traps
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.