International VAT on Cross-Border Transactions - An Essential Guide
The UK finally left the EU on 31 December 2020, but continues to trade with the remaining 27, and within it, and also with the rest of the world, Nothing has stopped. The VAT landscape is just different, and requires a fresh understanding.
This 3 hour live broadcast session explores how VAT applies in an international context in relation to EU, non-EU, and intra EU transactions, and not just goods, but also services. It will be particularly useful for accountants, finance directors, and any business which needs to know how to account for VAT on cross-border and international transactions.
As EU and UK VAT legislation never stand still (especially post Brexit) this course will always be delivered ‘live’ to take any relevant changes into account, in ‘real’ time.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- Overview of UK:EU trade (VAT and procedural) changes post Brexit
- The EU Single Market and trade within the ‘remaining 27’ Member States
- Place of Supply of Goods
- The four ‘quick fixes’ for call off stock, consignment stock etc, ‘Triangulation’ and ‘chain’ transaction simplifications
- Distance Sales
- Any developments, including the EU changes for some goods and services from 1 July 2021
- Place of Supply of Services (intra- EU and UK:EU)
- (Not all services are the same and different rules apply according to type)
- Brexit benefits for UK businesses supplying certain services to non UK clients
- The effective use and enjoyment rules
- The Reverse Charge
- The Mini One Stop Shop
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.