Insolvency for Property Lawyers - The Latest News with Stephen Allinson
In recent times property practitioners have become very familiar with insolvency issues, particularly in the retail and hospitality sectors.
The battle lines between landlords and their commercial tenants have been well drawn, and the COVID-19 pandemic has sadly exacerbated the problems.
This new webinar will bring you up to date with the latest legislation, case law and practice in the commercial property arena in a very practical way.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Formal types of corporate insolvency and their differences: liquidation, receivership, administration
- Company Voluntary Arrangements and landlords: the latest law and practice
- The two new insolvency rescue regimes brought in by the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020: the moratorium and the restructuring plan
- Other considerations for the property lawyer from the enactment of the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020
- Insolvency in the context of landlord and tenant law; forfeiture, disclaimer and surrender of leases analysed
- Points in practice when buying or selling from an insolvency practitioner
This webinar was recorded on 7th April 2021
at your organisation