How to Effectively Handle Complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service
This virtual classroom seminar is specifically designed for a variety of professionals including lawyers, claims handlers, compliance officers, complaints handlers and others who are involved in dealing with complaints made to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). It aims to provide practical guidance and tips on how to handle complaints to the FOS more effectively and, in doing so, to increase the likelihood of a successful outcome.
Given the constant and increasing regulatory focus upon conduct matters, this is an area where businesses and their advisers need a current and thorough understanding of the issues. Several case studies are considered in detail to draw out and emphasise the most important areas in practice upon which to focus attention.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- A consideration of the FOS as an organisation and the scope of its jurisdiction (the range of matters it deals with).
- The complaints process from start to finish including the evidence which the FOS can take into account and, very importantly, the basis upon which it makes decisions which is sometimes misunderstood.
- Practical steps to follow when bringing or defending complaints made to the FOS so as to best put your case.
- The scope to appeal decisions of the FOS and judicial review.
- How the FOS fits into the wider regulatory context.
- Current data on the latest trends (including the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic).
- How to communicate to senior management the importance of handling complaints in the appropriate manner.
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.