Hidden Assets in Matrimonial Proceedings - The Family Court’s Approach
This webinar will consider the family courts powers relating to finding and protecting hidden assets.
It will provide guidance on what to look for when reviewing a party’s financial disclosure, how to deal with potential hidden assets in a questionnaire and what court remedies are available in cases involving hidden assets.
The court’s approach to these applications, whether acting for the applicant or respondent, will also be considered as well as potential remedies available.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What to do if you think a party is hiding assets?
- What do you look for on bank statements/financial disclosure?
- How should you raise this in a questionnaire/correspondence?
- Applications to restrict dealing with assets
- Legal basis of application
- Test the court will apply
- Acting for the respondent
- Case law
- Setting aside past dealings intended to hide assets
- Legal basis
This webinar was recorded on 10th February 2022
at your organisation