Creating Suitability Reports - Top Tips & Tactics for Financial Services
The FCA COBS rules have remained very much the same over the years, as have the FOS complaints data, yet suitability reports continue to grow and confuse!
Creating clear reports is the key to helping evidence the relationship with your client, and their understanding of the advice.
The FCA’s incoming Consumer Duty will focus the industry further into evidencing that the regulated firm is doing all they can to treat their customers in a clear, fair, and not misleading way - stay well ahead of the game by getting to the bottom of great report writing.
This webinar will leave you with peace of mind that you have a compliantly robust client file that will easily stand up to any attention from the FCA or FOS - it will clearly say ‘yes, I treat my customers fairly’.
The webinar is suitable for financial advisers (who create their own suitability reports, as well as those who use templates), paraplanners, compliance managers, suitability report generating firms, FCA authorised companies, and those wanting to create best practice within their firm.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How the FCA COBS suitability report rules relate to the letter to your client
- Using the FCA suitability report guidance to help create a simple template
- Using FOS complaints data to help give you peace of mind
- How long and heavily templated suitability reports do not (necessarily) align to the FCA rules
- Client-friendly suitability reports
- Reflecting the rules and guidance in your suitability reports using a simplified template
- Instilling the ethos of consumer duty for your firm
- Ensuring potential vulnerable clients are clearly considered and treated fairly
This webinar was recorded on 9th November 2022
at your organisation