Contract Drafting in the Public Sector - Key Points & Legal Issues
This virtual classroom seminar will provide a short guide to public sector contracting and aims to equip delegates with an understanding of some of the key public sector specific drafting points and legal issues to be aware of.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The available standard form public sector contracts, when they are appropriate, and the extent to which they can be varied
- Types of public bodies and when to use a memorandum of understanding
- Financial provisions and the impact of ‘Managing Public Money’
- Drafting and negotiating transparency and FOIA provisions in public sector contracts
- Procurement Policy Notes and Cabinet Office guidance, including the Outsourcing Playbook
- The impact of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 on contracting, including handling contract change and implied provisions
- Other public sector contract provisions driven by legislation
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.