Conduct or Capability? - A Guide for Employment & HR Professionals
Matters involving conduct and capability can prove extremely difficult to manage from a HR perspective.
This virtual classroom seminar will explore a complex employee relations case study in which an employee is not performing in their job role. Conduct issues will also be considered.
During this session HR expert Helen Cleare will answer questions and offer guidance on how to manage such a situation effectively, making this essential viewing for HR professionals, managers and employment practitioners.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Whether informal action is appropriate
- Alternatives to use of the disciplinary procedure and the risks involved
- Employment law implications to consider, alongside best practice and practical concerns
- How to handle different issues concurrently under your formal disciplinary and/or capability procedure
- What barriers may stop the process running as smoothly as possible
- The role of an employee’s companion and how they can help both employee and employer
- Note-taking & recordings and how best to approach this aspect of the process
- Potential outcomes and the range of possible sanctions available
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.