Certificates of Lawful Use - De-Mystifying the Issues
Either as a tool for adding value in their own right or as a central plank in an appeal against an enforcement notice, certificates of lawful use or development are simplistic in concept but complex in operation.
This live broadcast session is designed to demystify some of the issues that can cloud cases and provides clear and practical advice to ensure that applications are processed with the minimum of fuss.
Future development is also covered by considering certificates of lawfulness of proposed use or development and how they differ from certificates relating to actual development.
This session is aimed at those who have a basic knowledge of planning and planning enforcement and wish to add to their existing knowledge and skills.
It will conclude with a number of practical group exercises based on real examples.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The basic law and what can and cannot be the subject of an application
- Differentiating between different classes of development and breaches of condition
- Interaction with enforcement cases
- Time limits for acquiring immunity
- Effect of obtaining a certificate and possibility of abandonment
- Onus of proof and decision making standard to be applied to an application
- Types of evidence and how it should be presented
- Appeals and practical issues associated with them
- Revocation of certificates
- Certificates of lawfulness of proposed use and development
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.