CVAs & Commercial Leases - Strategic Considerations When Acting for Landlords
The economic forecast for the UK appears to be as (if not more) ominous than during the last two years of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Inevitably, with difficult economic times ahead, the rise in company insolvencies is never too far behind.
Despite government measures intended to keep businesses afloat during the pandemic, there has been a sharp rise in the amount of CVAs entered into by businesses across all sectors. Property lawyers and professionals alike should be aware of the ramifications that a CVA can have on a commercial lease.
From current affairs to recent court decisions, this webinar seeks to outline the legal and strategic factors surrounding a CVA that should be considered when acting for a commercial landlord faced with one.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Current affairs - a backdrop of recent events concerning CVAs
- What is a CVA? - a crash guide
- Why do commercial tenants enter into CVAs?
- Common CVA terms and features
- The CVA procedure
- Challenging a CVA
- Tales from the courtroom - recent decisions relating to CVAs
- Takeaway tips - do’s and don’ts when faced with a CVA
This webinar was recorded on 6th December 2022
at your organisation