Asset Sales & Purchases - Dealing with the Complexities & Pitfalls
In circumstances where transfer by way of share sale agreement is inappropriate, this course considers the complexities and potential pitfalls of transfers of businesses as going concerns. Designed for professionals in private practice together with In-House Counsel, this course will provide you with an overview of the legalities and commercial drivers underlying a typical asset sale agreement together with the ancillary documents.
What You Will Learn
- General Introduction, Heads of Terms, Memoranda of Understanding and Letters of Intent
- Data Protection issues
- Structuring the Deal: Assets or Share Sale?
- Questionnaires and Pre-contractual Enquiries
- The Importance of Due Diligence
- The Nature and Effect of Warranties
- Protecting the Vendor and the Disclosure Process
- VAT Issues
- Apportionment of the Price
- Stock and Work-In-Progress
- Contracts Relating to the Business and Assets subject to Lease
- Restrictive Covenants and Post Termination Restrictions
- The Treatment of Book Debts
- Creditors & Liabilities
- Stamp Duty and Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Dealing with Computers and IT Issues
- Examples of Specimen Warranties
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme