An Introduction to Quantum in Clinical Negligence Claims - Live at Your Desk
This virtual classroom seminar walks you through quantification of clinical negligence claims.
It will include the potential losses that Claimants may have sustained together with how to examine those losses, plead them and be successful in recovery.
We will explore cases as we walk through the losses to give you confidence to consider these losses and apply what you have learnt to your cases.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How to value PSLA
- The Ogden tables - how to navigate them
- Earnings loss - the past and the future
- Heads of loss in fatal cases
- Losses for others - dependency, loss of love and affection
- Subrogated loss - the hidden losses not to forget
- Compensation Recovery Unit claims and who pays what and why
- Complex heads of loss - pensions, loss of chance, lost years
- The difficult heads - care, accommodation
- Novel losses - fertility & surrogacy, Human Rights Act losses
- The discount rate and how it affects your claims
- Fundamental dishonesty and the pitfalls in pleading losses
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.