Damp Defects in Residential Houses - Potential Risks Explored
A number of residential property transactions fail due to damp defects being highlighted by survey reports.
The reasons can be various, but damp is caused by both physical defects and how moisture is managed in houses in the 21st century. These areas are often misunderstood and often damp treatment works are completed that do not effectively address the issues.
Professionals involved in the transaction process need to be aware of common damp related defects, the risks that may cause problems with a transaction, how they can help mitigate the risks by foreseeing problems and help translate technical reports for lay people.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What are the causes of damp in buildings
- Condensation, penetrating damp, rising damp
- Common defects that cause damp
- Remedies to common damp related defects
- Building regulation compliance
- Listed buildings and how to manage damp
- Spray foam insulation and the consequences of its use in roofs/floors for mortgages
- Chimney breasts and damp - what to look for and not miss
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.