A Practical Introduction to Private Equity & Venture Capital - Live at Your Desk
This 6 hour live broadcast (split into 2 sessions) is aimed at professionals who wish to gain a fundamental understanding of the private equity and venture capital industry and its funds and deals. This commercially-focused course is highly practical and interactive involving case studies, group work and roundtable discussions. The latest trends and current developments and issues in the industry will be discussed.
- Do you know how private equity funds are structured?
- What are the key differences between management buyout and venture capital transactions?
- How do private equity firms and venture capitalists evaluate deals?
- How is value created with these investments?
If you expect to be working on management buyout or venture capital transactions, perhaps as a member of a legal or advisory team, or if you wish to understand more about your colleagues' involvement in such transactions, this session should enable you to get quickly up to speed with the terminology and fundamental aspects of these transactions.
If you are a lawyer in private practice or in-house lawyer, accountant or other professional who is new to the world of private equity and venture capital and wish to gain a practical insight into this often secretive industry, then this live session is for you.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive introductory session will cover the following:
- The current trends and issues in the private equity industry (including the impact of COVID-19 on fundraising and investments)
- The private equity fundraising process
- Typical private equity fund terms and conditions
- Methods of creating value in a management buyout
- The use of debt in a management buyout
- Structuring a venture capital deal
- Commercial, management, financial, operational, legal and other types of due diligence
- Term sheets and negotiating a deal
- Portfolio company management
- Trade sales, IPOs and other exit routes
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
10:00am - 1:00pm
10:00am - 1:30pm