What is a Main Residence for Capital Gains Tax? - A Bitesized Guide
Principal Private Residence Relief (PPR) is a relief that enables taxpayers to sell their homes without having to pay capital gains tax.
In order to claim the relief, the property being sold must be the tax payer’s main residence.
What You Will Learn
This short webinar will cover the following:
- What is a main residence for capital gains tax?
- The legislation definition
- What is appurtenant?
- What is curtilage?
- What is garden and grounds
- What if there is more than half a hectare?
- Are additional out-buildings allowed?
This webinar was recorded on 21st July 2020