VAT & Billing - An Introduction for Accounts & Finance Staff
Not charging VAT when appropriate gives rise to penalties.
This introductory course provides certainty for VAT billing procedures, ensuring that VAT is charged correctly, and at the right time in all cases. VAT changes following Brexit are also covered.
This course covers all types of business. If you are new to your VAT role, or require a VAT refresher on the subject, especially post Brexit, then this course is for you.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- UK sales, VAT liability:
- What is standard rated, zero rated, exempt and 5%
- Circumstances when no VAT is chargeable including 'non business' and 'outside the scope' supplies
- What is a ‘Disbursement’? - VAT, or no VAT?
- Tax points
- When VAT must be accounted for on goods and services
- Whether to charge VAT on sales of goods to EU and non- EU customers-key points
- Whether to charge VAT on services supplied to non -UK clients- key points
- Invoicing procedures - accuracy, content and issue of invoices
- Mixed and single supplies
- VAT accounting schemes
- Flat Rate, Cash Accounting, and Margin Scheme
- VAT returns
- Correct coding
- Completion and time limits
- Penalties and how to avoid them
- Error corrections
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.