Tenancies & Renewals under the 1954 Act - The Key Issues Explored
This live broadcast session will cover recent developments in the law and procedure relating to tenancies which fall under Part 2 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
What You Will Learn
The session will cover the following:
- When is a tenancy caught by Part 2 of the 1954 Act?
- Special rules where a business carried on by company or partnership associated with the tenant - the latest case law
- Grounds on which a landlord may terminate a business tenancy
- Bases on which a tenant may resist termination of a business tenancy
- Latest case law in relation to grounds for termination
- Interim rents
- Update on the pilot scheme for unopposed lease renewals from Central London County Court transferred to the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.