Share Incentives & Globally Mobile Employees - Tax Issues Explained
Operating at a multi-jurisdictional level is increasingly the norm for a successful business but it can have a consequential impact on the operation of employee share plans. The added layer of complexity can, if not dealt with proactively, lead to compliance failures, wasted time and additional costs. However, with careful management, this does not have to be the case.
This live broadcast session covers in detail the tax issues which need to be considered when offering participation in share plans to employees who work across different countries. It is useful for all professional advisors, company secretaries, benefits managers and in-house personnel dealing with the design, implementation or day to day running and management of share plans.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- A reminder of the UK tax and NIC treatment of tax advantaged and non-tax advantaged share awards/options for UK employees
- How this tax and NIC treatment changes when an internationally mobile employee is involved, including, for example:
- Assessing whether an individual is an "internationally mobile employee"
- Calculating UK liability when an internationally mobile employee acquires share incentives
- The impact of double tax treaties and reciprocal agreements
- The impact of tax equalisation arrangements
- The UK withholding and reporting requirements for UK and overseas employers
- Consequential considerations when designing and operating share plans
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.