Settlement Agreements - Common Questions & Tricky Issues for Employment Lawyers & HR Professionals
This virtual classroom seminar will explore the practicalities when advising employees and employers on these types of agreement. It will also serve as a useful guide for those who want a roundup of the key changes involved with settlement agreements including the latest tax changes to notice payments and national insurance contributions and protected conversations.
Designed with an emphasis on building up practical knowledge through realistic case studies, this session will guide you through the common and trickier issues to watch out for and will provide delegates with the opportunity to share their own experiences and have their questions answered by the expert speaker Kate Shepherd.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Legal requirements
- The ACAS Code of Practice on Settlement Agreements
- Settlement agreements discussions
- Having a ‘Protected Conversation’ and s111A of the ERA 1996
- Independent legal advice and legal fees
- Ones to watch - claims that can't be settled
- Tax position and ex gratia payments
- Payment in lieu of notice clauses
- Implications of imposing new restrictive covenants on termination
- Avoiding claims for constructive dismissal
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.