Section 8.5 Compliance - AML Awareness for Law Firms
It’s that time of year again!
Section 8.5 of the Legal Sector Affinity Group (LSAG) guidance says that ‘all employees and agents should receive training at regular and appropriate intervals both to update on new developments and to refresh existing knowledge’.
The guidance also says that training of staff on anti-money laundering should be specific and role-based ‘although some form of high-level basic AML awareness/refresher training should be taken annually across all relevant employees.’
So, when did your employees and agents have their last refresher?
Would they be aware of the 5MLD changes of 2020, the key points of the LSAG guidance, know about the sanctions regime and the new Economic Crime Act legislation?
If the answer is ‘no’ then it is time for that awareness training.
Presented by Jo Morris, this new virtual classroom seminar will cover the key points of the money laundering regulations with the latest updates together with anything else that is new from the last year.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What’s new in terms of legislation?
- A refresher on the key points of the money laundering regulations and LSAG guidance including:
- Risk assessments
- Policies, controls and procedures
- CDD including enhanced CDD regarding PEPs and high risk third countries
- Source of wealth and source of funds
- Discrepancy reporting
- An update on the SRA thematic reviews and their findings over the last year
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.