SRA Standards & Regulations - 2023 Essential Update
The SRA Standards and Regulations have been in force since 2019 and the SRA expect that these are understood, and that individuals and law firms can demonstrate compliance in practice. This requires an understanding not only of basic professional behaviours and regulatory duties, and also knowledge of the SRA’s risk priorities.
Presented by compliance expert Tracey Calvert, this new virtual classroom seminar will provide you with an essential update on the SRA Standards and Regulations.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The SRA’s regulatory objectives and style of regulation
- High-risk topics in 2023
- The Principles - the significance of these basic ethical duties both in our professional and private lives
- An exploration of the key features of the two Codes of Conduct - professional conduct duties and business management duties
- The expectations of solicitors in managerial and supervisory roles - how do you ensure accountability in the workplace?
- The Accounts Rules headlines
- Flexibility in practice - choices to make for you and your practice and how you respond to freelance solicitors and unauthorised law firms
- The role of the COLP and COFA - what is a serious breach?
- How to ensure compliance in your workplace - suggestions for your ‘to do’ list
- Suggestions for your compliance toolkit
- The key features of the SRA’s work in 2023
- What the SRA expects from the firm’s partners, compliance officers, solicitors and others
- What you can do in the workplace to ensure that you and your business can demonstrate the correct response
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.