Registered Title Disputes - A Guide to the Key Issues
Land Registration was never intended to be an accurate and exhaustive record of your land ownership or the rights of others over your land. The problems have been laid bare following the widescale destruction of deeds. This has often resulted in what appears to be unsurmountable problems in the current world where everyone wants instant solutions to everything.
This virtual classroom seminar will look at the main problems that crop up and what you can do to manage the issues in a practical way, and what you need to tell the client to protect your firm from complaints and litigation.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Uncertain boundaries/conflicts with plans
- Uncertain rights or easements benefitting or affecting the property
- Overriding interests
- Squatters and adverse possession
- Mines and minerals
- Restrictions on the register
- Rent charges & lenders attitudes
- Old/unacceptable restrictive covenants - the options other than title insurance - effective releases or court action
- Fraud or identity theft
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.