Private Equity Funds & Management Buyouts - Live at Your Desk
There is now over $1 trillion of private equity funds waiting to be invested. Whilst fund raising and investing by PE firms has declined from previous highs during the current coronavirus pandemic, all the expectations are that PE will weather the storm and historic performance levels will be maintained, superior to other asset classes. Whilst still being accused of being a secretive industry, the private equity industry is now much more transparent following criticism from government, public and press just prior to the previous financial crisis. If you wish to learn more about private equity funds and management buyout deals, this live online session is for you.
This 6 hour live broadcast session (split into two 3 hour sessions), which is not specifically legally focussed, is designed for lawyers, accountants and other professional advisors who want more of a commercial insight into the fundamentals of the sometimes secretive world of private equity, and it offers a practical, case-study approach to this often misunderstood industry. The latest trends and current developments and issues in the industry will be discussed.
Please note that this session covers similar areas to ’A Practical Introduction to Private Equity & Venture Capital’, albeit in more detail on PE funds and MBOs (venture capital deals are not covered on this course).
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following topics:
- Global trends in the private equity industry, including the impact of COVID-19
- Current issues in private equity
- How private equity funds are structured
- The General Partner/Limited Partner relationship
- Raising private equity funds
- The fund cycle/Private Placement Memoranda
- Fund terms and conditions
- Management buyouts - equity/debt structure, creating shareholder value through earnings enhancement and operational improvements
- Private equity as an asset class
- Liquidity and returns
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
10:00am - 1:00pm
10:00am - 1:00pm