Preparing for Insolvency - What Company Secretaries Need to Know
The company secretary fulfils a very important role in the corporate governance arena. This is not only in the field of company administration but often on a much wider basis. With many companies facing challenging times ahead, the role will become under greater scrutiny and this is particularly so when insolvency is looming.
This new webinar will tackle the important questions for company secretaries if they are concerned about the financial position of their company and provide practical advice both for them and those advising in this area.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Recognising the warning signs of insolvency and understanding the different corporate regimes
- What is the position of company officers currently, to include de facto and shadow directors and the company secretary?
- What are the duties imposed on the company secretary by the Companies Act and related legislation?
- Being proactive and protecting the company - tips and tactics at the coal face
- Is personal liability ever a risk for the company secretary?
This webinar was recorded on 26th May 2021
at your organisation