PILON Clauses - Unlocking the Confusion
Much confusion surrounds payments in lieu of notice (PILON), particularly in the context of settlement negotiations, whether it is their tax status or how to use them as an effective negotiating tool.
There are also important considerations relating to drafting PILON clauses and alternative clauses, e.g., ‘garden leave’ clauses.
This webinar will review the key issues to consider.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How to draft an effective pay in lieu of notice clause
- Where the difference between statutory notice and contractual notice becomes relevant
- The difference between PILON and garden leave and how to choose which option is best
- Whether holiday pay and other contractual payments still accrue when a PILON payment is made
- Taxation of payments in lieu of notice
- When an employer might end up being in breach of contract by paying in lieu of notice and what might be the unintended consequences
- To what extent an employee has to give credit in a tribunal case for monies they have earned during what would have been the contractual notice period
This webinar was recorded on 30th August 2023
at your organisation