National Insurance & the International Employer - Live at Your Desk
The rules governing liability for UK National Insurance are complex and are also separate and distinct from those covering income tax. As employers are co-contributors, the implications of getting this wrong may result in a significant bill in terms of under-paid contributions and penalties. But worse for the employee, decisions taken decades earlier could materially impact on important state benefits such as the UK Retirement Pension.
This virtual classroom seminar will consider the position of both departing UK expatriates and foreigners on secondment to Great Britain.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Residency rules for employees and employers
- European Economic Area principles
- Analysis of Regulations 883/987
- Posted Workers
- Multi State Workers
- A1 certificates
- UK Reciprocal Social Security Agreements outside of the EEA
- Certificates of Coverage
- Rest of World Countries - the 52 week rule
- HMRC Modified NIC schemes - EPAPP7a and 7b
- Example Social Insurance regimes from other countries
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.