Mental Health Tribunal Advocacy Workshop - Live at Your Desk
Mental health advocates often work in isolation, with very little feedback on their tribunal advocacy skills. This often causes many able advocates to doubt themselves and wonder whether they can do more to secure a successful outcome for their clients.
This two-part virtual classroom seminar brings together mental health lawyers, with the simple aim of enabling them to improve their MHT and HMM advocacy skills.
With training and feedback from two highly experienced mental health solicitors, delegates will be put through a series of exercises focusing on individual advocacy skills, culminating in a mock-tribunal.
Delegates will be sent materials in advance of the session to assist with preparation.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Consideration of the rules of evidence, tribunal procedure rules, practice directions, caselaw, legislation and codes of practice relevant to representing clients before Mental Health Tribunals and Hospital Managers’ Meetings
- Illustrate understanding of the process by drafting effective opening and closing speeches
- Appraise cross-examination skills in a series of practical exercises, including a mock tribunal
- Formulate more adept and confident cross-examination techniques
- Devise a comprehensive and individualised approach to Mental Health Tribunal advocacy
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
9:15am - 12:15pm
9:15am - 12:15pm