Maintaining the Senior Management & Certification Regime - What the FCA Expects
One of the biggest changes to Financial Conduct Authority regulation is the new Senior Management & Certification Regime (SM&CR).
The Banking Reform Act was passed to improve professional standards and accountability in firms. Clear individual accountability should focus minds, drive up standards and make firms easier to run and to supervise. The certification retime holds individuals working at all levels within relevant firms to appropriate standards of conduct.
This live broadcast session allows you to understand the new regime and we will share ideas of how to embed these into a firm solely regulated by the FCA (non-insurance).
The session is ideal for any senior manager or any person with a management, learning or development responsibility.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Overview of SM&CR
- Transition to SM&CR - current approved persons
- Practicalities of completing statements of responsibilities & responsibilities maps
- Evidencing ‘reasonable steps’ in line with the duty of responsibility
- Recruitment and record keeping processes to update to be ready for SM&CR
- Conducting fit & proper assessments
- Practicalities of certificating your staff
- Conduct rules training requirements and solutions
- Conduct rules - dealing positively with breaches
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.