Inheritance Act Claims - The Impact of Recent Cases on Practice
There has been a ground swell of litigation in recent years based upon the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975.
This live broadcast session will discuss the impact of recent cases such as Ilott v The Blue Cross, Lewis v Warner, Cowan v Foreman and Bhusate v Patel & Ors and how they have changed the way courts look at the regime for making a claim.
This is an ideal update for private client practitioners focussing specifically on the most significant cases of the last two years and looking at their impact on:
- Application of the statutory time for issue of these claims
- The appropriate way to approach these types of claims
- The application of standstill agreements
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Different approaches taken by judges in these important cases
- The impact that these cases can have on your approach to litigation under the Inheritance Act
- How to apply these lessons from case law to everyday practice
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.