How to Use Data Protection Impact Assessments - Live with Robert Bond
Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) are an integral part of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. The ICO has set out a number of examples where they are mandatory as have the other regulators in the EU. Apart from being an essential ‘accountability’ tool they are also a great risk management process.
This live broadcast session will describe what is a DPIA, when and how it should be completed and how its outcomes should be embedded into the business.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What is a DPIA
- When should it be used
- What are the recommended steps to take in completing a DPIA
- How and when the Data Protection Officer should be involved
- When and if the DPIA has to be communicated to the ICO
- What the pan-EU approach is to the DPIA
- How to communicate the DPIA process to the business
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.