How to Resolve Boundary & Neighbour Disputes
This convenient lunchtime live broadcast will run through the steps practitioners should take when faced with boundary disputes.
As we know, the wanton loss and destruction of pre-registration deeds (for no reason) that happened in the mid 2000’s has left many owners with no easy way of resolving boundary disputes.
Contrary to popular belief, the red Land Registry plan rarely ever shows the legal boundaries, as this was never the intention. Title insurance policies are scattered around like confetti but they change nothing, and the issue needs to be resolved.
But where do you start?
What You Will Learn
This session will cover:
- Step one - find any deeds if at all possible and how to interpret them
- Step two - the boundary history and the possibility of adverse possession claims
- Step three - site visits and what you might learn. Limitations of surveying advice
- Step four - boiling it all down and deciding on appropriate courses of action
- Step five - resolving disputes and the court’s approach from recent cases. Is it AP1, application to fix boundaries, applying to the LTT for declaration on the issue or adverse possession claims (and if so which regime?)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.