How to Manage Risk - A Guide for In-House Lawyers - Live at Your Desk
There are risks a legal team is responsible for in an organisation and others for which they may have some accountability. There are other risks the legal team will only need to be informed of and some of no interest at all to it.
How should you identify your role in the risks your organisation faces? How should you create and communicate risk management plans and use limited resources?
This live broadcast session looks at how you create a strategy to plan, manage and approach risk. It will look at the key drivers in culture, behaviour and ethics: all of which are key in risk decision making.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Defining the relationship between organisational risk and reward, governance and ethics
- Making the winning case for a legal risk strategy: The four ‘R’s - Reputation, Resources, Regulation and Reward
- Consider what does a successful legal and governance risk strategy cover and who prepares it?
- Understand the workings of RASCI in risk management (Responsible, Accountable, Supportive, Consultative and Informed) and the role of legal and governance in ERM and how to use it
- Understand key terms such as appetite, tolerance, incidence and impact (gross and net), controls and mitigations
- Learn how to create a risk matrix and use it to decide the resources, legal controls and legal mitigations that are available to them
- Analyse the outputs you can create from a successful risk management strategy (policies, process improvements, correct risk allocation)
- Creating a strategy - one size fits all? What we can learn from Australian libraries
- Assessing the enterprise, strategic and operational risks to your organisation and why that matters to the legal and governance community
- Understand the language of risk - a refresher
- Risk tolerance and the allocation of resources - optimising your budget
- Building your legal risk strategy
- Testing your design - seeing how the fabric stretches before it tears
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
1:00pm - 4:00pm
1:30pm - 4:30pm