Financial Reporting under UKGAAP - The Key Issues
This is a highly practical and interactive live broadcast, which will hopefully be timely and very helpful as we all try to decide how recent key events, including the COVID 19 pandemic, are reflected in statutory accounts.
This session will look at all the current hot topics but will mainly concentrate on the key current issues for SMEs and owner-managed businesses.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Narrative Reporting Considerations
- Comments to make in strategic reports, if any, and other front-end disclosures such as future plans and prospects
- Going concern disclosures and assessment of material uncertainties
- Other larger company issues such as engagement with employees and policy regarding ‘furloughed’ employees
- Valuation Issues
- Impairment provisions on property, plant and equipment
- Valuation of assets at year end - especially March and April 2020 year ends
- Any specific liability provisions or contingent liabilities to be provided for - recognition of such costs if before lockdown announced
- Review of any discounted cash flow calculations to review interest rates being used
- Corporation tax provisions and grants due and receivable from HMRC
- Practical Issues
- Companies House concessions for late filing
- Approval of accounts if employees are not in the UK
- Audit of significant components of a group - can all appropriate evidence still be obtained?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.