Equality of Terms & Equal Pay - Key Concepts & Latest Developments
Equality of terms (formerly ‘equal pay’) is one of the more idiosyncratic areas of employment and discrimination law, the cause of action having some individual features and its own procedural regime, and with claims often involving large numbers of claimants.
This new virtual classroom seminar will help you achieve the best outcomes for your clients, by highlighting common problems for claimants and respondents alike and by keeping you abreast of the latest case law and its implications.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Equality of terms v discrimination
- When is a claim an equality of terms claim?
- Appropriate choice of comparators, including the ‘single source’ approach following ASDA Stores v Brierley
- How the material factor defence works
- Employment Tribunal v civil courts
- Pros and cons
- Procedure and time limits
- Practicalities of group litigation
- Points to note about remedies
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.