EU Cross-Border Estates & Estate Planning/Administration in Spain - An Introduction
This new webinar will consider the issues arising in the administration of cross-border estates and estate planning.
It is aimed at advisors in England & Wales and will highlight problems that may arise such as a foreign will in the UK.
It will also consider estate planning and administration in Spain, as well as how mental incapacity issues are dealt with in Spain.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The EU Succession Regulation & European Succession Certificate
- Habitual residence v domicile
- Having one or two wills
- Issues with foreign wills in England and Wales
- Matrimonial property regimes and the impact on succession
- UK inheritance tax with foreign assets when no double tax treaty is available (the case of UK-Spain)
- Estate planning when your client owns Spanish assets
- The process of administering an estate in Spain
- Brief reference to the use of LPAs in Spain
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 25th November 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation