Commercial Landlord & Tenant - A Masterclass Live with Sarah Thompson-Copsey
This advanced level live broadcast session will examine the practical implications of the latest case law & developments in commercial leases, as well as looking at effective ways of resolving some of the perennially 'tricky' issues in the area.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Landlord’s consent (alienation, alterations, user): Lessons from the Supreme Court in Sequent v Hautford; Hicks v Holland Park
- Tenant insolvency: Is the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 a game changer? Plus the effect of the Debenhams CVA on landlords
- Tenant default: the impact of the Coronavirus Act 2020 and the changing landscape concerning CRAR, sub-tenants, statutory demands and possession proceedings on landlords’ remedies
- The Supreme Court’s seismic shift in opposing renewal under the 1954 Act: what it means for landlords + lessons on renewal terms & contracting out from Dukeminster v West End and TFS
- Difficult & absent landlords: service charges: Sarah and Hossein Asset Holdings v Blacks; repair: Blue Manchester
- Ending tenant lease obligations: tips & traps on break notices, surrender wording, when s27 can help
- 'Repair' & MEES - the impact on terminal dilapidations, recoverability of service costs and the new consultation
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.