Choosing the Right Lifetime Trust for Your Client - An Introductory Guide for Private Client Professionals
Many practitioners consider trusts within wills; however it is common for there to be trepidation when considering setting up trusts ‘inter vivos’ or during a client’s lifetime.
Many shy away from setting up these trusts as they are concerned as to how they are viewed by HMRC and do not wish to fall foul of any tax rules.
This new virtual classroom seminar will consider the different types of trust you can consider setting up together with the pros and cons of each.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Bare trusts - income, CGT and benefits of setting up
- Lifetime discretionary trusts
- Interest in possession trusts
- Terminating a trust early; tax treatment, CLTs and PETS
- Benefits of setting up inter vivos trusts
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.