Care & Ordinary Residence Disputes - Who Is Responsible?
Following the Court of Appeal judgment in SoS for Health v Worcestershire County Council, this virtual classroom seminar will look at which local authority is responsible for providing services under the Care Act 2014 and Mental Health Act 1983.
The session is aimed at community care and private client lawyers.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- Ordinary residence under the Care Act 2014
- Ordinary residence under the Mental Health Act 1983 (after-care) s.117
- Impact and limits of the Cornwall v SoS for Health judgment
- Analysis and impact of the Court of Appeal judgment in Worcestershire v SoS for Health on s.117 responsibility
- Consequential issues, including dispute resolution, financial adjustment and claims in restitution
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.