Business Immigration - An Introductory Guide
This live broadcast delivered over 2 sessions is designed for employment and immigration lawyers, in-house lawyers, general counsel and HR directors who wish to develop their practice in this area.
It will cover:
- Sponsor licensing for employers, with a detailed discussion of sponsor duties and the latest changes to the sponsor guidance
- EU law and business immigration, the Government’s settlement scheme, the new Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules and how employers can prepare
- What are the issues arising out of illegal working and employer's liability (including civil penalties)?
- A review of the latest changes to the Immigration Rules. Are you up to date?
- Future changes and a discussion of the recommendations in the recently published MAC report
What You Will Learn
The live and interactive sessions will cover the following:
- UKVI's guidance for employer sponsor licences
- The resident labour market test
- Sponsor compliance and Home Office action taken against sponsors
- The categories under Tiers 1, 2 and 5 of the Points Based System
- The rules for PBS dependants
- Other routes for workers, including representatives of an overseas company
- The rules for business visitors
- EU law rights in business immigration
- Preparations for Brexit and the new Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules
- The right to work, illegal working and employer's liability
- Future trends and changes and the future shape of the UK’s immigration routes for business, investment, study and work study
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
1:30pm - 4:30pm
1:30pm - 4:30pm