Burial & Funeral Disputes - Unravelling the Difficult Issues
In most cases, after the death of a loved one, family members and those close to the deceased come together to agree a fitting and respectful ‘send-off’ for the deceased, whether that involves a burial, cremation, memorial service, or any other way of saying ‘goodbye’.
But many practitioners are finding that disputes relating to funeral arrangements are on the rise and they typically arise in a period of high emotion and tension, when clients are grieving, and need to be dealt with urgently and at short notice.
This webinar is aimed at private client advisers and looks at what happens when disputes do arise.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Who has responsibility for disposal of the deceased’s body?
- The relevance of the deceased’s wishes
- The types of funeral disputes that might arise
- The Court’s powers in funeral disputes
- The factors the Court will consider when dealing with funeral disputes
- The Interplay between funeral disputes and potential will challenges
- Whether ashes are treated differently to a body
- Cultural & religious considerations
- Practical tips for minimising the potential for disputes
- Practical tips for handling disputes if they arise
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 14th September 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation