Brain Injury Claims - A Guide for Personal Injury Lawyers
This virtual classroom seminar is aimed at those dealing with mid to high value brain injury cases and seeks to provide practical advice on how to maximise the value of such claims.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions of senior counsel Peter Edwards who is experienced in high-value catastrophic brain injury claims.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Cutting through the terminology: Understanding the medical and technical terms encountered in brain injury claims
- Practical pointers on the instruction and use of experts - medical and otherwise - in brain injury cases
- Life expectancy evidence- clinical and statistical
- The walking wounded - the more subtle impacts of traumatic brain injury. How to make the Judge understand
- The capacity conundrum and Professional Deputy/Court of Protection costs
- Schedules of loss - Evidence, structure and the more unusual heads of loss (the £50,000 cranberry juice cocktail!)
- How to formulate the care claim
- Relevant caselaw update
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.