Avoiding Negligence in Commercial Property Transactions - Live at Your Desk with Peta Dollar
Any suggestion of negligence is a frightening experience for any professional, and cases on professional negligence seem to be becoming more and more common.
This virtual classroom seminar, presented by an experienced speaker with more than 25 years in practice as a solicitor, will focus on the legal background and then consider cases of negligence (by both solicitors and surveyors) and how that negligence can be avoided in the future.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Fraudsters and negligence - where are we post-Dreamvar?
- The updated Code for Completion by Post - does that solve all problems for the buyer’s lawyer? What about the seller’s advisers - how should they protect themselves?
- Surveyors’ negligence in relation to valuation
- Reliance on Counsel
- Excluding specialist areas of advice, including tax
- Dealing with the other side's mistakes
- Responsibility for experienced clients
- Position of unrepresented third parties
- Pro bono advice - can you still be liable if you are not getting paid?
- Negligence where the client is fraudulent
- Where are we with solicitors’ undertakings post-Harcus Sinclair
- Tips and traps from the cases
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.