Asset Protection from Care Home Fees - A Discussion with Caroline Bielanska
Many people will either create a will trust or put an asset into trust to reduce their liability for care.
But what then happens if they need care? Will the local authority financially help out?
This new webinar is aimed at fee earners who advise older and vulnerable adults, their family, attorney, or deputy on the making of gifts or wills.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- When is the local authority under a duty to provide financial assistance?
- When will a gift be treated as a deliberate deprivation?
- Can a severance of joint tenancy be treated as a deliberate deprivation?
- How will the local authority value an interest in jointly owned property?
- Can the home be used as collateral to fund care when it is jointly owned?
- Will the local authority fund care if the person has no tangible assets to pay for care?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 10th August 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation